Summary and action items:
1) Sajendra (subcommittee leader, Chalk talk): create google spreadsheet for list of recommended speakers for chalk talks. We can set up meeting with Dr. McVeigh once we have an initial list of speakers, ideally around late July/early August)
2) Farhad (subcommittee leader, student presentations): speak with 3rd/4th year students and assess interest/ideas for student presentations @ BME seminars. We can have best-presentation of the semester awards as well. We can tag this on the agenda when we talk with Dr. McVeigh in late July/early August about the chalk talks)
3) Jaymin (subcommittee leader, Imaging competition): create google spreadsheet on imaging topics, set up subcommittee meeting, coordinate with Di for video recording/youtube account set up, set up example videos etc.
4) Kwame (subcommittee leader, HII challenge): Look into robo-challenge and speak with contact person (Carol Reiley?) Website link is http://cissrs.lcsr.jhu.edu/JHRC2011
5) Nirbhay (subcommittee member, imaging competition): help Jaymin with image competition project.
1) once we hear back about the volunteering grant we’ll know whether to go through with the HIV patient project
2) We'll be applying for the alumni $1500 grant for HII next fall so let know know if you have a proposed budget for any HII Project! We’ll need cost justifications etc.
3) Next committee meeting targeted in late August/early September