posted Sep 23, 2011, 4:22 PM by Issel Anne Lim
updated Oct 3, 2011, 9:04 AM
Geran Kostecki, Bradley Harden, Di Xu, Kwame Kutten, Mehmet Erturk, Yi Zhang, Mark Mentzer, Dan Wu, Issel Anne Lim
- Populate our new lists.johnshopkins.edu mailing lists with the email addresses from the Google Groups, the Imaging Initiative Organization Spreadsheet, the Registrants for the Conference spreadsheet
- Use the python script on the Accepted Abstracts spreadsheet to find the PI with the most submissions
- Go to GRO meeting and apply for extra conference/lecture funding (anyone else want to come? free pizza! Monday at 6p)
- Finalize the food plan: Papa John's pizza, veggie, snack items, plasticware, napkins, etc. from Costco (see Accounting spreadsheet for more details)
- Drinks: keg, alcohol
- Finalize prices/amounts/who's-in-charge-of-what on financing spreadsheet
- Coordinate the coffee with Joyce
- Assign numbers / positions for each poster
- Create a map for the layout of the poster presentations
- Create ballots for judges (assigning five random posters to each judge; each poster is judged by at least one person with a PhD; final decisions tabulated by 6:40pm)
- After October 1st: Compile reviewer scores and rankings from the abstracts (these will be counted towards the Research Competition)
- Add Mehmet, Dan, Mark to the mailing list
- Email departmental administrators next Monday then Tues/Weds before the conference
- Email professors a reminder about their lecture times
- Email about October 1st deadline: poster confirmation (to authors who haven't responded), reviewer deadlines, registration
- Certificates / envelopes for poster prizes?
- Create Imaging Initiative powerpoint for conference introduction and conference conclusion (with map / poster layout)
- Volunteering at Conference:
- Mehmet Erturk, Mark Mentzer, Dan Wu, Di Xu, Yi Zhang
All conference volunteers will wear [blue/colored] nametags. (Registrants will have plain white nametags.)
- Conference Director/MC: Issel Anne Lim
- Conference Director/Manager: Geran Kostecki, Bradley Harden
- AV / Keg Coordination: Bradley Harden
- Getting drinks/food, coordinating with pizza delivery
- Bradley Harden, Mehmet Erturk, Yi Zhang
- Recording the conference lectures, interviewing / taking photos at the Happy Hour
- Video: Carmen Kut
- Photo: Carlos Renjifo
- Guess That Image! Competition
- Presentation and tabulating ballots: Jaymin Patel
- Projector from McVeigh Lab: Liheng Guo
- Attendee Registration tables
- Greeting conference registrants, handing out schedules, etc.
- Dan Wu (more needed!!)
- Poster Registration tables
- Showing people where to put their posters, handing out Peer Choice ballots
- Di Xu, Dan Wu, Yi Zhang
- Poster Reviewers/Judges
- Score Tabulation and Awards
- Geran Kostecki, Issel Anne Lim
- Abstract update: More details on the Imaging Posters 2011 list
- Group 1: ~82: Accepted for Research Competition
- Group 2: ~20: May still present poster; eligible for Peer Choice competition
- Group 3: May not present poster
- About 40 have confirmed
- The travel mugs have arrived! They feature the monochromatic logo (designed by Issel) found in our Logos section.
- Judging the Posters:
- Each poster will be judged twice (and at least one of the reviewers will have a PhD)
- Each judge will review a group of five posters. They will rank each poster from 1st through 5th place in that particular group and grade each poster for technical merit and originality/innovation.
- Each judge will receive a pre-assigned group of posters.
- Peer choice ballots will be available at the Poster Registration tables at the Happy Hour.
- Programs will be available at the top entrance of Turner Auditorium (across from Rutland Avenue), then near the coffee stands (at the front and back of the auditorium).
- Programs will include: lecture/conference schedule, list of posters that will be presented, map of where posters are located, tear-away peer-choice ballot
- Two posters can be posted per foamcore board:
- Session A: 5:30pm - 6:00pm: on the front (A01 - A50)
- Session B: 6:10pm - 6:40pm: on the back (B01 - B50)
Thank you all for helping!