posted Sep 13, 2011, 12:11 PM by Bradley Harden
updated Sep 13, 2011, 12:30 PM
The Advanced Algorithm Scientist will be involved in the research, development and delivery of the next generation CT reconstruction algorithms for state-of-the-art GE Healthcare’s Computed Tomography products.
- Develop innovative, advanced and robust algorithms and features for tomography image reconstruction, data calibration and / or corrections
- Work with cross-functional scientific, engineering, and integration teams to deliver high performance, reliable algorithms for implementation on dedicated signal processing architectures.
- Perform image quality modeling and analysis of product features and algorithms and demonstrate performance & robustness.
- Work with other technical and functional leaders to improve existing algorithms and to introduce new innovative features for reconstruction, calibrations & corrections.
- Collaborate with clinical collaborators and external researchers to continually improve portfolio of product features and publications.
- Perform troubleshooting, problem solving analysis, and performance enhancements for imaging products.
- Prepare technical documentation for internal design reviews and external scientific presentations.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering / Biomedical Engineering / Medical Physics with a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience as an engineer and scientist in the academic community or medical imaging industry
- Must have a proven track record of innovation and technical publication
- Must have CT / PET / SPECT research / design experience and experience in Iterative / Statistical Reconstruction methods
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral & written
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States full-time
- Must be willing to work in our Waukesha, WI facility full-time
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background, as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment through GECareers.com to be considered.
- CT Reconstruction, Calibration, Physics, Dosimetry, modeling, and image quality design experience
- 5+ years project leadership experience within a product development or research environment
- Sound technical and domain experience in at least one functional technology area
- Strategic planner and thinker with ability to drive change across the segment products
- Demonstrated experience on global product releases throughout the entire NPI cycle
- Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
Zhou Yu. Ph.D